YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit?

5 posters

Go down

Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit? Empty Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit?

Post by Breezey Breezey Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:58 am

When did it become the "thing" to make sure you had things and money to leave your children when you die? Or.. has it always been that way? 
Did pharaohs try to take it all with them or leave an inheritance? thinking
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit? Empty Re: Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit?

Post by lorry p Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:22 am

Just my personal take on this... I think that while your children are little they need to be provided for and as they get to be young adults they need a helping hand.. but they also need to be taught to stand on their own two feet. As far as continuing to work hard just to leave a fortune to them.. I think for the most part, those days are over. At least here, in Australia.. many couples are openly discussing how they are "spending the kids inheritance"... buying the Winnebago or Caravan and are travelling and enjoying their retirement and hard earned money. Certainly makes a lot of the young ones get off their butts (not all) and make a life for themselves, instead of waiting for Mum and Dad to kick the bucket.
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit? Empty Re: Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit?

Post by Breezey Breezey Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:29 am

I never understood parents leaving money and material things... unless it has some sentimental value... and of course... what's left behind (furniture and such) needs to be dealt with..... but for kids to sit and argue over what will be done with all the money, a house, furniture, etc... what has that taught anyone?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am

TO have family feuds... sadly
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 am

It's been like that for a longgggg time.. People's belongings.. house, furniture etc has to be dealt with and sold up or given away.. and it is only natural that the proceeds of this go to your children.. but as for working yourself into the ground to leave your children comfortable and not have to work as hard... I think it sends a totally wrong message.

There is an old saying that comes to mind that W's Nana used to quote..

"The first generation makes it,
The second generation saves it
The third generation spend it."
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:55 am

"Should parents work hard to make sure their children have something to inherit?"

Yes, they should.

Parents should work hard to ensure that their children inherit their work habits, their honesty, and their ethics.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 am

Tater, good things to leave children and would most likely make a big difference in how many turn out.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Parents naturally want their children to be safe and secure. To equip them with the things they need in life is the best way to do this. I would say that wisdom and knowledge are far more important than materialistic things. Happy memories and a parents love is far more valuable than financial wealth. Sometimes the freedom to exercise their own curiosity can give them the confidence to be secure in their own right and make their own way in the world.

study
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:27 pm

inheriting should be a bonus, not an expectation...except when large fortunes,property,mansions are concerned ,they need to be taken care of by the next generation...I do not need to worry about that !
I gave my beautiful rose ,18 carat gold ring ,to my grand daughter, LOL apparently I had promised it to my daughter, My GD is a nice girl and gave it to her mum lol.
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by P Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:14 am

Perhaps we regard these things in the wrong way. I tend to think of material things as being borrowed. Ultimately they pass from us, but I think that we still have the responsibility to look after them while they are ours to enjoy. This applies from rings to worlds.

no money smiley
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 am

I don't think I own most things... more like they really do own me. 
I once lost everything in a house fire. Most of it.... was just "stuff" and I only really missed a few things. 
If you have nothing when you die, the state and your children have nothing to fight about. lol
As is... I give what I want people to have...while I am alive. And anyone who knows me knows there isn't much to fight about. lol
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:08 am

You cant burn the "stuff" that really matters, and the more you give away the more you have.
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 am

Japanese hearts
A really great way to see it. smile2
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down