YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Do you have any idea how many different browsers there are?

+2
hoaloha
Breezey Breezey
6 posters

Go down

Do you have any idea how many different browsers there are? Empty Do you have any idea how many different browsers there are?

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 am

When I was searching for different ones, I found this list of browsers and was really surprised by how many there are and how many I had never heard of.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Do you have any idea how many different browsers there are? Empty Re: Do you have any idea how many different browsers there are?

Post by hoaloha Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 pm

WOW, I never knew that. There are a ton of them. Amazing.
hoaloha
hoaloha
HONORED MEMBER
HONORED MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Do you have any idea how many different browsers there are? Empty Re: Do you have any idea how many different browsers there are?

Post by Breezey Breezey Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm

I almost have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what they are all for and do! lol
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks! I bookmarked it for later perusal.
(Much much later, probably...)
Yikes... ! Depending on when anyone was last there - it could
be different at any given moment!
("This page was last modified on 28 February 2010 at 15:23." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

I knew there were a bunch! of browsers - I had no idea the variety!

I'm only interested in the "different" part to the extent that a MAC
browser will be (much!) less than helpful to my PC.

After that I'm interested in NOT BULKY (see: Opera [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])
Holy cats! - Opera's latest version has more crap to
choose/answer/fill out that the SATs.
And I want minimal "stuff" with it.
That's the main reason I use FIREFOX [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Many browsers INSIST that
you accept their "search engine" - which takes up space on the toolbar
and I don't WANT it...
Firefox lets me NOT have a bunch of stuff I don't want or need, and
it's more "hands on" than the others. And... it is not a "control freak" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by JackRabbit Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Never knew there were so many.
I have enough trouble, dealing with ONE!
Wonder if there is a special one, for bunny rabbits? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mondays are kinda like this dinosaur: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Happy Monday!
JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:04 pm

I have tried a couple of different ones and may be going back to Flock, if Firefox keeps giving me hassles today.

Happy Monday, Jack. pooh bear
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Jack,
I don't see why there wouldn't be.
I did find an icon site that goes by the name "Blue Bunny"
(there doesn't seem to be much that "relates" to bunnies, actually)
but I did bring you this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Swell! Now it won't post an upload for me,
AND [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I can't "edit"! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'm gonna try again - then I'm going home.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Geez.. ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Here ya go Bunny - (I went back to the site and
copy/pasted it)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@import url(http://www.google.com/cse/api/branding.css);

Search IconArchive.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] > [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] > Cats 2 Icons: Blue Magic Bunny Icon

google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);

Blue Magic Bunny Icon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]TTFN! };>
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by JackRabbit Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks Jaaj! Interesting. I have my homepage set for Google.
I keep noticing a little pop-up thingy that recommends downloading "Google Chrome" for faster browsing. Anybody know if it's worth downloading? Guess I'm a "creature of habit" so-to-speak ... I like to stick with what I know. New stuff gets me into trouble. hahaha! (Like IE8 did ... before I finally got it sorted-out.) Think I will dance with the Pooh Bear now ...

JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

JackRabbit wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks Jaaj! Interesting. I have my homepage set for Google.
I keep noticing a little pop-up thingy that recommends downloading "Google Chrome" for faster browsing. Anybody know if it's worth downloading? Guess I'm a "creature of habit" so-to-speak ... I like to stick with what I know. New stuff gets me into trouble. hahaha! (Like IE8 did ... before I finally got it sorted-out.) Think I will dance with the Pooh Bear now ...

Aha! A rabbit of habit. Cute.
Chrome is an EXCELLENT browser! (if you like them fancy) I would use ir more often biut I don't need it's bells and whistles.
Bunny, you could download it and try it... if you don't love it -
UNinstall it and it will sit in it's little box 'til pou take it out for use again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(I have about a gazillion browsers sitting in boxes, myself.)

I (?) ..well... -anyway!- would like to join the dance...

Good grief... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] or what? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:05 pm

I am going to try Flock here while you nutty people discuss the rest of the browsers.
monkey
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:46 pm

What the flock?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Flock is a browser that seems to have many things for social sites.
I like it and don't use all the extras it offers, but it's fast and works great. smile2
I believe it's done by the same ones who made Firefox?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

I was kidding; I saw your earlier posts explaining that it's a browser. I just wanted to say what the flock!

Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 pm

I was kind of figuring that! lol

sarcastic
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Does it work well on here?
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Seems to be. Firefox has been giving me a lot of problems. Today, it shut down again and I got some kind of message about run time error.
So, here I am with Flock again. smile2
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by JackRabbit Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:53 pm

I switched from IE8 to Google Chrome for a while, but I couldn't figure-out all the bells and whistles. Chrome does not seem to have some of the little shortcuts that IE8 had. Why can't they standardize some of this stuff, so "normal people" can figure-out how to use it? (Maybe, I'm just not normal.) Went back to IE8 ... but yesterday, I re-downloaded Chrome ... going to try again. If you hear somone screaming and banging their head on the desk ... you'll know it's meeee!
JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Jack, i use both,eg,on ie i can't get farm town at all now, on G/chrome, prefect ! so i move between the two.
i agree re standardising some stuff, it's hard trying to find exactly what you want.
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:31 am

Using Chrome right now. Seems IE hates a lot of sites and things they have and it is slower.
Gave up Firefox since it's constantly NOT working or quits! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I believe Opera is the one that wouldn't let my copy/paste in my emails.

How's the head, Jack?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:20 am

I still am using plain ole Yahoo and a lot of times it just freezes up and i can do NOTHING. computer I may be typing along & look up and half a sentence won't be there,then if i wait a while all the sudden it all pops up at once or i try to scrool and it just sets there & not move, Really frustrating . angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 am

Sneaky is good wrote:I still am using plain ole Yahoo and a lot of times it just freezes up and i can do NOTHING. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I may be typing along & look up and half a sentence won't be there,then if i wait a while all the sudden it all pops up at once or i try to scrool and it just sets there & not move, Really frustrating . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wonder if Ja'aj will think that sounds familiar! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by JackRabbit Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Breezey Breezey wrote:
How's the head, Jack?
So far, so good ... Decided to follow Roxy's advice. Using BOTH now. If I can't get one to work, I switch to the other.
JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down