YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Campfire philosophy... Would you be up to some serious conversation around a campfire?

4 posters

Go down

Campfire philosophy... Would you be up to some serious conversation around a campfire? Empty Campfire philosophy... Would you be up to some serious conversation around a campfire?

Post by Breezey Breezey Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 am

Can you possibly discuss different philosophies or important matters around a camp fire? Would you care to?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Campfire philosophy... Would you be up to some serious conversation around a campfire? Empty Re: Campfire philosophy... Would you be up to some serious conversation around a campfire?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:05 am

I used to do a lot of that when my late wife & i had a camper. Used to go to a lot of Bluegrass Festivals. Always drank beer at them though ,so that may have helped in the talking part!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Campfire philosophy... Would you be up to some serious conversation around a campfire? Empty Re: Campfire philosophy... Would you be up to some serious conversation around a campfire?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:08 pm

That is one of the things I miss most being single. My ex and I would go camping and fishing and the evenings around a good campfile, feeling the warmth of the flames, shooting for the sky, and the soft glow of dancing light, mads me mellow and reflective and wanting to snuggle. That's the other thing I miss about being single. flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Good old camp fires I used to cut some old garden hose and stick it down in a piece of copper pipe,then put in the fire. It mada a lot of different colored flames. A bottle of wine and a good easy chair and one could talk on any subject.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:50 am

How serious ? I loved sitting round a campfire in the bush, hearing about aboriginal legends and stories in north Queensland, travelling right up the center to Darwin with 2 siblings and niece camping each night ,and talking, talking ,talking , some times slightly serious, sometimes ROFLMAO !!........thanks for the trip down memory lane, to much to put down here !!
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Depending" on who was also there at the campfire - [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sure! I love! "that sort of thing". };>
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:18 am

smile2 I was thinking about how people sometimes think important, serious or philosophical discussions can't be held in certain settings and wondered WHY.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:58 am

Bree,
Ah. Well... apart from being menaced by tigers or bears,
(hard to concentrate) I dunno either.
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Breezey Breezey wrote:smile2 I was thinking about how people sometimes think important, serious or philosophical discussions can't be held in certain settings and wondered WHY.

I, for one, find a campfire too relaxing to want to discuss serious matters. I am a romantic, and a bonfire makes me very dreamy. I tune in to nature and the comfort of just being alive. Being by or on the water affects me the same way. I just can't help it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 am

Breezy, i think philosophical things are great for campfire talk,and the stars, how can one sit under them on fresh clear night and not be filled with wonder and awe. But not politics or personal problems, the atmosphere is just not right .
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by JackRabbit Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:29 pm

As difficult as it might be to believe ... the rabbit DOES have a very serious side. Those campfire moments are ones that stay in the memory.

"In the time of your life ... LIVE ... so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite variety and mystery of it." - William Saraoyan
JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Jack,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Saraoyan is one of my favorites!
... but then... so is William Blake. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down