YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Are there too many critters around pooping...

+2
roxanna
Breezey Breezey
6 posters

Go down

Are there too many critters around pooping... Empty Are there too many critters around pooping...

Post by Breezey Breezey Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:31 am

To pay for fertilizer?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Are there too many critters around pooping... Empty Re: Are there too many critters around pooping...

Post by roxanna Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 am

not enough here breezey, i do compost though , but still need frtiliser. one of these days i will get a worm farm .
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Are there too many critters around pooping... Empty Re: Are there too many critters around pooping...

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 am

Hmmm... here, there seems to be more than enough fertilizer. People just ask farmers and people with hobby farms to give it away, and those fertilizer owners are more than happy to share.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:37 am

oh, i thought you meant what was dropped in the garden by visitors !!
there are horse stables nearby, they put bags of manure on the roadside ,sometimes i pick up a bag if there is a small one, the stuff is heavy !
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 am

Haha!! Poop, the heaviest thing in the world! Even an elephant can't hold it!! rollonfloor
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 am

Oh good! More elephant jokes!
I thought what Roxanna thought...
Around here - I'm a city-dweller - no "fertilizer" unless
you count the litterbox... and that isn't good for plants. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Ja'aj on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am

Call a farmer, Ja'aj! lol
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:29 am

Call him what? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 am

Ja'aj wrote:Call him what? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hopefully something nice or you won't be getting any critter poop! lol
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:41 am

I see your point... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't have enough plants and lawn to fertilize to
bother a farmer. I think I'll stick with Miracle Gro. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:44 am

I see your point... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't have enough plants and lawn to fertilize to
bother a farmer. I think I'll stick with Miracle Gro. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

???
"Flood control is active on this forum, please wait 10 second(s) before replying or posting."

???

Bull. No way are Mo and I too fast for this site.
???
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:01 am

Breezey Breezey wrote:Haha!! Poop, the heaviest thing in the world! Even an elephant can't hold it!! rollonfloor

fuuunyyyyyyyy !!! laughing ass off
i have seen Moo Poo and ZooPoo advertised, might get some one day just for the fun of it .
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:50 am

Rox, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I suppose you're serious? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Huh... I wonder what the advantage
(to whatever is to be fertilized) might be... ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Or... is that just a "witty" way to say, "Wanna help out here?"
I never thought of it until just now...
THAT! might be a truly big job! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by P Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 am

Im confused, why would your critters have to pay? I thought they came with their own supply!

My fish always have a ready supply to donate. There is a daily load of liquid fertiliser waiting for me in their screens. Its all good stuff, the flowers love it and you should see my tomatoes! I only clean the actual filter bit once a year, the bacterias contribution is half a bucket of super rich soil.
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:18 am

I had forgotten about this!

This probably started when I saw fertilizer at the stores and wondered why people buy what so many are willing to give away. lol

composting is illegal here.... 

As for fertilizer, so many farmers are advertising to give it away...but it seems many people think that's "yucky". I wonder what's in those bags they willingly pay for....
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:24 am

Well, Ive just bought a load of horse .... stuff. It cost me £3 a bag, but Im being sneaky, its been used as mushroom compost, so im hoping for a good crop!  shop

They dont give ANYTHING away over here.
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:32 am

"Stuff".... do you have the horse sense to know what the horse stuff is? lol

Don't you know of any farmers who want to be rid of some horse "stuff"?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 am

Yes, but as I say, nobody GIVES anything away. Our farmers are all pennyless beggers with Huge houses, flash new Range Rovers and £millions in farm plant. They just plough in what doesnt get sold to Garden Centre chains.
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:39 am

Having to pay for horse "stuff" sounds like a load of bullshit to me! I can say that here, right Breezey? After all this is Yafooey, not Yahpoo...

Also, composting is illegal where you live? What backward kind of Bullcrap is that?
Did they outlaw recycling as well?
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by P Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:51 am

It sounds like another cultural difference. Composting is actively encouraged here and bins are widely available at a subsidised cost (I express no view here about the problems with vermin, or the exponential expansion in the population of the urban fox! which may, or may not be related).

As far as horse Yapoo is concerned few have the money, or room to keep the common equine (the Conservatives have introduced a bedroom tax (yes!!! really!!!) which rather precludes keeping them indoors, unless you re going to allow them to sleep on your couch, which in my case is reserved exclusively for my own use!) .

There are establishments close by who retain large deposits of Yapoo but they are stud farms. Set as much as a toenail on their land and you will discover that our policy on gun control does not extend to restricting the use of a 12bore for the control of vermin, and in the case of stud farms that includes Joe Public, the retreating buttock area providing a particularly attractive target for their security staff, sorry, I meant to say pest control staff!

dinosmiley

Last edited by P on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:36 am

Not sure how the laws really work right now. It seems we have places that compost and we can get some of that compost from those places... one place is free, while it lasts and the other charges... and not sure if that is the only two...

After that.. many cities don't want each and every person with a compost pile in his/her yard.... I can't find an exact answer as to whether we can all compost in this city or not... some cities still do not allow it and some are considering it and some allow it without a problem. 

As for what you or anyone posts here... it's not Yahoo which is why it won't ever have all the rude, nasty, negative, etc.... 
When this site was first started, everyone liked the idea that the words and such would never be like Yahoo. So, when posting, keep the thought of not letting it become a cesspool like Yahoo. smile2
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:44 am

W. has worms.. not he, himself has worms.... but a worm farm that is, to compost a lot of our household vegie scraps. How does that fit in over there with your rules and regulations? Great for the garden, the worm castings and better than filling up land fill with "green" material. What ever happened to waste not, want not?
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by P Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 pm

@B -Sorry, it was a quote. He said it in a meeting with the Scots. You may not have had it over there but there was a big panic about the opinion poles showing a swing to the "Yes" campaign. PMs Questions sessions were cancled, and all three main party leaders shot up to address the Scotish voters! Im not sure it was such a good idea, they hate him!

Our compost bin is very popular with the worm population, they get transfered to the vegi patch every year.
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:58 pm

P, nothing to be sorry for... I was replying to Tater about what he asked... about what can be posted here. it was him
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:29 am

Okay, okay, I will watch my potty mouth; no more crappy language from me! angel
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by P Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Cultural difference then!

Hi Tater.
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:35 am

Hi, P! Don't you worry about the Scots, just threaten to ban Scotch whiskey, and they'll shut right up.

Lorry, it's not everywhere in the US that has gone and done something as silly as banning composting; many areas encourage it, as well as all types of recycling.
I think somebody in local government in Breezey's community must have connections to the chemical fertilizer industry, or something like that.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by P Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:45 am

Perhaps on the whisky front Ill try some of the American brands, do any whisky drinkers have any suggestions? At least its a product where the "leftovers" are recycled. The distilleries always make a big thing about all the stuff which gets fed to the koos (which is why Scotish beef is supposed to taste so good).

On the compost front, whatever do they do with it all then? Our council collects any garden waste every two weeks as well as all the stuff we compost ourselves. My garden waste bin is ALWAYS full. Everytime the trees get pruned the bigger bits get cut up and stacked against the fences. There are millions of the tiny critters who have their homes in there, but its not them who are the problem, its the local cats!

P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 am

From what I understand, the city charges $4 per bag of grass clippings....
Yard materials... brush, leaves, grass, etc... are mulched and kept for the city's use at the expense of  $10 to those who are getting rid of it. ($10 for any load less than 1,000 pounds.)

We do have curb pickup, but for yard waste... it's only  a couple times a year.
If we stacked wood for critters, we'd most likely get a fine. 

We don't have garden waste bins for recycling.
We DO have recycling bins for glass, plastic, etc... but so many things still aren't accepted for that either... plastic bags are not allowed. We have to take plastic bags to places like WalMart where they accept them and somehow recycle them.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum