YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Is there ANYTHING about Christmas that doesn't offend SOMEbody?

4 posters

Go down

Is there ANYTHING about Christmas that doesn't offend SOMEbody? Empty Is there ANYTHING about Christmas that doesn't offend SOMEbody?

Post by Breezey Breezey Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chase: Another Tree Going Up

SOUTHLAKE (KRLD) – The famous tale of Dr. Seuss’ “The Grinch” had even more meaning to a local Southlake businessman after the Christmas tree he donated to a local Chase branch was ordered to be removed by Corporate officials at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Chase.From a big Christmas tree all decked out in blue and silver ornaments to a smaller one and of course lots of garland everywhere Antonio Morales walks around his Bellagio Day Spa ready for the holidays. “Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year,” says Morales.He decorates a number of trees a year and donates a few to some of the businesses around town.Morales, 50, donated and decorated a 9-foot-tall tree in the lobby of the Chase branch on E. Southlake Blvd. The cost of the tree was estimated at around $3,000. He did this as a goodwill gesture to the customers, branch and it’s employees.The tree arrived on November 22nd and was fully decorated, the cost of which came from Morales’ own pocket. It was ordered to be removed on November 30th because according to Chase, some people were offended by it.The bank’s policy is to use only decorations supplied by the company according to Gregg Hassell, a JB Morgan Chase spokesperson. “We appreciate the thoughtful gesture. Unfortunately, we’re unable to keep it on display for the remainder of the holiday season.”

“A Christmas Tree…they could call it a Hannukah bush, a holiday tree or anything. There was not one cross or anything that symbolizes Christianity on that tree” said Morales.

Late Friday afternoon Chase announced they will be putting the tree back up. “We have a policy of not accepting gifts from customers, but we are applying common sense here and putting the tree back up at our own expense. We are thankful for Mr. Morales nice gesture,” Hassell told CBS 11.

Morales walked around his Southlake spa Friday afternoon, pointing out all the Christmas decorations, including a tree that looked like the one he gave to the bank. “I wanted them to have a beautiful tree because it came from my heart.Morales says he will not give the tree back to Chase. “It has been through the war zone, because so much topic on my little tree that i worked so hard to put it up.”He adds he’s now looking for a new bank. “I will not put that tree back I now know how they feel about the Christmas season.”
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Is there ANYTHING about Christmas that doesn't offend SOMEbody? Empty Re: Is there ANYTHING about Christmas that doesn't offend SOMEbody?

Post by Tater Salad Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:28 am

I doubt that it actually offended anybody. I'm sure that somebody in upper management worried that it might.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Is there ANYTHING about Christmas that doesn't offend SOMEbody? Empty Re: Is there ANYTHING about Christmas that doesn't offend SOMEbody?

Post by roxanna Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 am

Tater Salad wrote:I doubt that it actually offended anybody. I'm sure that somebody in upper management worried that it might.

people seem to be looking for offensive things,and if there aren't any, will create some !!
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 am

"we are applying common sense here"

Isn't it a shame that they didn't do that...
first? };>
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 am

Yep... tired of worrying who might be offended and if they are treated equally. Equality and being offended do not go together anymore.

I am seeing this world and all it's stupidity in a whole new way.
I am offended by the stupidity and narrow mindedness of many.
I have come to the conclusion that we can't all live side by side and get along.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 am

I too am offended by much of the rank stupidity
"out there". As for "Living side by side" HAH. Families!
can't pull that off !
Why should entire countiries - and "the world"?

I will settle for PEACEFUL tolerance and agreeing
to disagree.
Interesting that you "mention" thiis right now...
I saw a commercial earlier for a "deal" by some cell
phone -or provider...
I looked up just in time to see what I thought was probably
the usual rapidly-scrolling blurb about "and if not - all bets are off"
aka "the fine print". Nope, it turns out t was for -
and I quote:
"...deaf hard-of-hearing..." (the general pitch was for texting)
Huh...! YEARS! ago we (I and all of my family! surely did, anyway
when The Brother and his wife taught at A.S.D.B. in Tucson)
that the term "hearing-impaired" was correct and preferred by
those to whom the term referred.
I thought the commercial was was interesting ...
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:02 am

Hmmm... I have no idea what is "politically correct" anymore.. and to be honest... don't much give a damn.
As long as it's not rude or insulting, it's correct. I don't care if anyone may be offended by a certain non insulting term they choose to take the wrong way anymore.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 pm

looks like we are all fed up with this 'politically correct' rubish, if i was to spit the dummy every time i'm 'offended' by something ,my life would be misserable !! so, others can think and do as they like as long as it doesn't intrude on my rights ,and is legal.simple good manners and a little thoughtfulness should be enough ,no need to seek out non existing offences !! Rolling Eyes
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Rox,
Huh-Huh!
My personal rule for when something is or is not
any of my business is this:

IF/ SO LONG AS... I am not *required to
'watch' (listen,etc.) 'participate in', 'pay for' or 'clean up after'
whatever someone else is doing - it is none of my business.

If any of the above is breeched - NOW it becomes MY business. };>

* "required to" is the operative term;
what I choose to "observe" doesn't
count as "my business". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Rox,
Nice job! on your avatar; it is clearer -
but the other'n was sooo cute ! too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:57 pm

jaaj i agree with your personal rules ,you put it in a nutshell very well (as usual)
thanks, the little devils are rather cute, and every bit as vicious as portrayed.

roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Thank you, Rox. I try to be "clear" - since tactful"
is apparently out of reach of my abilities. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Darn! I was afraid of that - I couldn't think of any
reason anyone would lie about it/them - they LOOK sooo cute!

The Brother says when he got to hold a koala for a snapshot -
there was a veerry nice!, patient woman just out of camera-shot
ready to protect John (and the koala) and John says the nice woman
reminded him about 200 times NOT TO MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVES.
The claws on those little dears are very! impressive according -
to the photo.
They're so darned cute! I forget they're also wild BEARS... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:42 am

saw two of them have a snarl at each other, would not like to be on the receiving end ,those teeth can chomp through bones like they were marshmalows !
one of our politicans did the usual pr thing, holding a koala ,and it wet him, he called it a smelly piddly little thing,which of course gave the media something to report !!
the claws on koalas are for climbing, they only eat a certain type of gum leaf,but they could do a fair bit of damage if frightened, they are actually marsupials, but koala marsupials just doesn't sound right giggle there you go, now you know all about koalas !!
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 am

I have definitely learned quite a bit from all of this! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Hiya, Rox,
Thanks!
I know they are Marsupials -
but they DEFINITELY LOOK ! like bears -
and those claws clinch it for me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I guess I'd better
amend (emend?) my statement to stop a "wild!" . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your politician sounds a very sympathetic character... NOT...
(Keep your hands off ! the critter unless the critter ASKS! you
to do otherwise - and there will be no problem!) ...jerk.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bree,
Will ya STOP! saying that? Pleeeze? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Um... guys...
So as not to appear dishonest... I think I should also
mention that I am VERY! MUCH! in favor of keeping
the lines of Church and State unblurred, seperated
and clear.
Contrary to "popular" (read: 'Republican') opinion -
the U.S. is not! "A Christian country" - not as
phrased by "those" people attempting to justify their
(illegal) stance and behavior and perhaps instill guilt
.. and maybe , just maybe- also! imply that those of
us who uphold the Constitution are "un-American".

Ya think? ... Well, that's what I think.

Anyway... "Balderdash"! to that "projected" idea. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The men who wrote the Constitution knew exactly
what they were doing and they were RIGHT to do it. };>
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down