YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Things we liked doing, are we still doing them?

3 posters

Go down

Things we liked doing, are we still doing them? Empty Things we liked doing, are we still doing them?

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:08 am

As time goes by and things change... have any of you kept doing those things you did... hobbies, things of interest and fun....
Tater, how about you? Still finding time to snap some great pictures?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Things we liked doing, are we still doing them? Empty Re: Things we liked doing, are we still doing them?

Post by lorry p Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:32 am

As time goes on.. and so many changes.. I have never stopped loving art and painting. Things like Life.. got in the way quite often.. bt I always found a way to take a bit of time to draw, even if it meant just doodling on scrap bits of paper while doing other things. What about you Breezey?
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Things we liked doing, are we still doing them? Empty Re: Things we liked doing, are we still doing them?

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:59 am

Well... mostly, I just never seem to have enough time. The extra time I DO have... it just isn't enough to start a project... or is it my priorities? 
I just never seem to accomplish the extras.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:12 pm

You have to make time for YOU.. it is good for your soul. Projects started can take years. There is no time limit on enjoying yourself (-:
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm going to start out small. lol
Going to start a small, indoor garden for a few plants... basil, chives, lettuce... and a few others. I have a lot of parsley growing and I just love the smell when I pick some and chop it for in whatever I am cooking. smile2 

Eventually, I'll make my wind chimes and dream catchers again.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:11 am

Sounds good Breezey; there is nothing like fresh herbs to cook with, and even just to smell. Parsley is good, but for me, there is nothing like fresh basil. Did you know that there are many different varieties?

Sadly, I have not been taking any pictures lately. Seems like when I have the money, I don't have the time, and when I have the time...But also a big factor right now is, no car to get around.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:55 am

Basil... I have noticed a variety. lol
I am not sure which I prefer...maybe will have to do taste tests!! 

Tater, try some pictures right around you... just don't quit completely! I am of the mind that a good photographer can make something special from the ordinary! lol It takes some imagination, no?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:31 am

Have you ever got up close and personal with the flowers around you Tater? You can get some amazing shots of plants up close.
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:43 am

Maybe Tater will share some of his pictures with you, Lorry. 
What do you think, Tater? smile2
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:46 am

Unfortunately, most of them are stored on my old computer, which died almost a year ago, may it rest in cyberpeace.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:48 am

What a shame. I would have loved to see them. All the more reason to take more. (-:
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:21 am

I still have the hard drive, so I may be able to retrieve them if I can figure out how to access the files.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:17 pm

I hope you can Tater.. Computers are great.. till something goes wrong with them. There is merit in still keeping hard copies.. photos. Not many of us do nowadays.. We rely on hard drives to store everything.
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 am

In my case, They were taken with a digital camera, so there never were any hard copies. It pays to back up your files too!

I do have some of them on Photobucket, if my account is still active, and I can find/remember my password. thinking
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:39 am

I have been meaning to back up my files for... I don't know how long now.. lol
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:23 am

From what I understand, some people just keep the "card" those pictures are on and buy a new one when one is full... kind of like having their negatives. 
I'm going to be having a bunch printed out. What good are pictures just sitting on a computer somewhere? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Good idea Breezey. At least with a digital camera you can delete all the mishaps... like headless people.. lol.. and not have to pay to have everyone printed out.
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:20 am

Why would anyone take pictures of headless people? Shocked
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:16 am

laughing out loud.. I meant that I chop off the heads of people in some of my photos.. lol.. I can't remember the last time I took a photo of a headless person.
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:41 am

I knew what you meant, and hopefully the Department of Homeland Security knew what you meant too, if they were spying on our conversation online!
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:12 pm

You know... I was so tired when I wrote that last night, I never read over it and thought about how that sounded and I never thought about what is going on in the world at present. It disgusts and appals me what Isis has done to people. Let's just say, I am not the best photographer and many of the photos of my children are not good. I have got better with the digital camera.. I can delete the bad pics. lol
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:59 am

Just remember that it's better to get the top half of people in your pics, rather than the bottom half. If you allow a little extra space in the viewfinder above their head, nobody is going to care if their feet are not in the photo. Unless they're a foot model, of course.

I almost said nobody will mind if their feet are cut off, but then I realized that some people just might!
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:15 am

I think I just need to step back a bit.. lol
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:31 am

That would work too, unless you're near a cliff.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 am

lol.. Photography could be a dangerous hobby!!!
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:12 am

Especially if you're a news photographer.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:50 am

Think i'll leave that to the professionals. I am sure they would want photos where they can see the people's faces.
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down