YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Some of the things I see on the road...

3 posters

Go down

Some of the things I see on the road... Empty Some of the things I see on the road...

Post by Tater Salad Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:58 am

WARNING:

The following post contains a graphic, unaltered photo of a scene I came upon a few days ago. It may be shocking to the more sensitive viewer, being that it is a real event, not a scene from a movie. I have not been able to determine if the occupants of the vehicle pictured were safe, either at the time the picture was taken, or afterward.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Some of the things I see on the road... Empty Re: Some of the things I see on the road...

Post by Tater Salad Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:01 am

Car was engulfed in flames when I arrived at the scene.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This occurred on Tuesday night, 9/27/11, about 2:10 am, on I-95 in Philadelphia, PA. A tractor-trailer had jackknifed in the opposite direction, which resulted in the closing of the highway in the southbound direction for over 4 hours. The semi apparently hit a section of the concrete barrier in the center barrier which divides the NB and SB sides of the interstate highway through the heart of Northeast Phila. (This is one of the most important and busiest through routes along the northeast US corridor, connecting NYC to DC.)

As far as I could determine, the vehicle pictured encountered a slab of concrete road barrier lying in the right hand lane on NB I-95, just north of the Cottman Ave exit. Said barrier was roughly 10 to 12 feet long, maybe 5 feet wide, and about 6 or 8 inches thick. I assumed that the van hit the slab at highway speeds, in a light rain. As I arrived on the scene, it was completely engulfed in flames, which were at least 10 to 15 feet high at their peek. Picture was taken a few minutes after peak of fire.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Some of the things I see on the road... Empty Re: Some of the things I see on the road...

Post by roxanna Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:22 am

oh Tater , that must have been a shocking sight to come across, obviously it happened only moments before you arrived.any more news about the occupants since you posted this ? i hope everybody concerned ok,including you. i think i would have had a feeling of dread and helplessness.
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:53 am

My youngest son drives a semi,and is on the road 5 days a week and things like this worry me a lot. I had a 2nd cousin who drove a semi and was burned to death in a fire . He was pinned inside while it was burning and begged someone to shot him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Produce stands, now with squash and pumpkins!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Dead Racoons,squirrels skunks. Gotta make sure you go around the skunks if you know what i mean(Peeeuuww!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:46 pm

I live in the country village and great country roads all around. I saw a baby fawn standing by the road watching me approach, and it scampered off into the thickets when its momma called to it. Tooooo cute!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:56 pm

WE have 3 different Eagle nests within 3 mile of our home and we see them every so often. One nest is just 1 mile from us and you can see the nest from the road back in a clump of trees.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Sneaky is good wrote:WE have 3 different Eagle nests within 3 mile of our home and we see them every so often. One nest is just 1 mile from us and you can see the nest from the road back in a clump of trees.

I see very few bald eagles in my neck of the woods, but there are a whole lot of hawks here. The hawks are beautiful to watch as are the eagles.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Hawks are here also. This spring one even came down in our back yard and grabbed a Robin. I opened the window quick and clapped my hands & scared it off,but the Robin just jerked a few times & died anyway. I see trhem setting along the roads just waiting & watching.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:57 pm

I always had a nice bird feeder right outside a living room window so Daisy could sneak up and watch them thru the screen. Those song birds eat like pigs!

Then I noticed I hadn't seen any birds around lately and I didn't have to fill the feeder. I went out there and seen a very large gray feather under the feeder and that fall, when the leaves fell on the trees across the street, I saw a huge nest.....AHA !! HAWK neighbors had moving in and used my feeder to get their prey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JackRabbit Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Well, this wasn't exactly "along the road" ... we could see this from our house! This was the excitement around here on Monday ...

A large fire consumes a chemical manufacturing plant in Waxahachie, Texas, letting off large plumes of black smoke.
dancing bunny Waxahachie is about 28 miles (46 kilometers) from here.

WAXAHACHIE, Texas - A massive fire broke out at a chemical plant in Waxahachie late Monday morning, sending huge plumes of black smoke and explosions billowing into the air. Despite the incredible fire, no one was injured.
The Magnablend facility at 1601 US Highway 287 was fully engulfed in huge fireballs of flame by 11 a.m. According to Waxahachie Fire Chief David Hudgins, the fire began with an "adverse chemical reaction."
It's not yet clear what chemicals were involved, or what chemicals were in the plant.
The fire got perilously close to several rail cars loaded with a hazardous solvent known as naptha that were parked on a track near the plant. However, the rail cars did not catch fire.
One fire truck was lost when fiery liquid spilled beneath the vehicle and firefighters could not move it in time.
By 5 p.m., Hudgins said the fire was 95 percent contained. He said crews would remain at the scene through the night putting out hot spots.
An EPA representative said monitors are in place to test the air quality and runoff water in the area and so far everything seems safe...
Read more on myFOXdfw.com: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by JackRabbit on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to find a video that will post)
JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanna Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Looks lethal Jack,hope that cloud doesn't head your way.
there will be danger from the gasses, but i guess that will be played down.
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:44 pm

A chemical fire is the worst kind. The air becomes toxic. Wow.....a dangerous place to work to start with. Be safe, please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum