YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

Should we show the same courtesies on the internet..

3 posters

Go down

Should we show the same courtesies on the internet.. Empty Should we show the same courtesies on the internet..

Post by Breezey Breezey Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 am

That we do in daily life? Or is it okay to be less courteous and show less manners because we're all basically anonymous?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Should we show the same courtesies on the internet.. Empty Re: Should we show the same courtesies on the internet..

Post by Tater Salad Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:43 am

Yes, we should. As Congressman Wiener found out the hard way, nobody is REALLY anonymous on the internet!
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Should we show the same courtesies on the internet.. Empty Re: Should we show the same courtesies on the internet..

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Good answer there Tater!. winner I actually have more friends on the internet that i "talk" to than i do here in my home town. i behave my self on here . Thanks for all my internet friends!! wave
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Congressman Wiener... looks like I have some things to catch up on?
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Where you been Breezey He is the guy that was showing pictures of himself nude,on the internet and is being asked to resign his post.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Haha!! I was far away from that! I have heard his name mentioned, but never took a real interest to find out what it was all about.
Now seriously... there are tons of people stupid enough to actually do that exact thing. He's just another modern internet idiot, I guess.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Yes BUT !he is a Congressman,and Obama says that he should resign his post for doing it. One of few things that i agree with Obama on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, attends an event in Mlandizi, Tanzania, last week.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Rep. Weiner has admitted "sexting" with several women and lying about it
* Weiner's wife has been traveling with her boss, Secretary of State Clinton
* Colleagues say Weiner wants to talk to his wife in person before deciding

Washington (CNN) -- The wife of Rep. Anthony Weiner returned home from a work trip Wednesday as her husband faced mounting pressure to resign over a "sexting" scandal that he lied about before admitting his involvement.

Weiner's wife, Huma Abedin, is a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and was traveling with her boss in the Middle East and Africa since June 8. Abedin, who is pregnant with the couple's first child, returned home from that trip on Wednesday morning, according to an administration official who spoke on condition of not being identified.

Colleagues of Weiner have said he wanted to wait until he could talk to his wife in person before making a decision on his career.

Weiner, who admitted sending lewd online messages and photos to women over the past three years, announced Saturday he is seeking treatment and requested a "short leave of absence" from Congress.
Democrats frustrated with Weiner
Obama: If I was Weiner, 'I would resign'
John Boehner: Weiner should step down

Top leaders from both parties, including President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner, have said or suggested that Weiner should step down over the controversy, which has been a major story in Washington and beyond since the news first emerged in late May.

A Democratic leadership aide insisted Wednesday night there was no specific move to start the ball rolling removing Weiner from the Energy and Commerce Committee.

The aide did say, "There is a leadership meeting tomorrow to talk about a variety of subjects. And I am sure Weiner will come up."

On Tuesday, a Democratic colleague of the New York congressman said that Weiner might resign "in a couple of days." However, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy of New York did not say where she got her information.

In response to a question about whether Congress can get on with business if Weiner stays in office, McCarthy responded, "We're going to find out. Hopefully. We're hearing that he might resign in a couple of days."

Others were more direct in calling for Weiner to go.

Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Colorado, said, "If it were me, I would resign," but that the decision was up to Weiner and his constituents. Obama told NBC that he, too, would step down if he was in Weiner's position, while Boehner, R-Ohio, said Tuesday that Weiner should resign.

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Massachusetts, declined to echo that call, citing his own scandal from the 1980s involving his relationship with a male prostitute who then used Frank's apartment to carry out his business.

"It's time for me to show a bit of a humility" and not "set myself up as the judge of others," Frank said.

after reading a few things, I now get the idea... just not sure how that makes him better or worse for his job.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:41 am

Well, it seems the main issue is whether it is appropriate for a congressman to send pictures of his "wiener" to young women over the internet, especially if he is married.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:59 am

Tater, I get that. I really do and I don't agree with what he did and I think he's all kinds of a jerk, liar, etc...
But... WHO in politics isn't cheating, lying, etc.? His big mistake was getting caught.
Married or not, internet or not, he was wrong and we all agree with that. It just doesn't really surprise me in a world of liars, cheaters, users and I think if he should resign, the rest might as well... because many of them are no better than he is, they just aren't as stupid to get caught.
How DO you pronounce his last name? lol
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Ironically, his name is pronounced the same as the euphemism for the part of the body which he sent pictures of...."Weener"!
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:16 pm

Bree, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This just in:
'Congressman' Weiner has bowed to the
strong suggestions (okay, demands) of his Party Leaders ...
and will resign due to his "mistakes"...
That ^ has got to be a contender in the annual contest.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

RE: your topic :
Sure. Might just as well "be yourself" as you would be
yourself face-to-face in public.
NO ONE is ever! truly anonymous on the internet.
Once something/anything is "out there" it NEVER goes away.
The internet is forever and we all would do well to remember that. };>
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down