YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

How many know there is a legal drug that is a lot like marijuana?

4 posters

Go down

How many know there is a legal drug that is a lot like marijuana? Empty How many know there is a legal drug that is a lot like marijuana?

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 am

I have just heard about it, but find it's been around for a while and is now becoming a real problem in some cities and a couple of states have banned it.

Legal drugs produce effects similar to marijuana

Legal incense, which produce highs similar to marijuana, are sold online and in local shops.

A type of incense being used as a marijuana alternative possesses many names, according to a Department of Justice newsletter. Most commonly referred to as K2, or Spice, the different incense are merely herbs and plants coated with chemical compounds similar to tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, the newsletter said.
When smoked, the incense mimics a high very similar to that obtained from using marijuana. Sold by a plethora of online manufacturers outside of the United States, the Department of Justice emphasizes that K2 is gaining national popularity as well and is now actually banned in several states, including Kansas and Kentucky.

"These people try very hard to circumvent the law," Brown said. "‘This steroid is illegal, so we'll make a steroid that's very similar but we'll make one little modification in the molecule-we'll change it way up here-with the hopes that because it's not that particular molecule, then it's legal.'" Something like K2 could easily exacerbate conditions in people who have underlying issues, Brown said.
"There will always be that small segment of people who are already a little fragile, already have some blood pressure issues or maybe they're susceptible to having a seizure," Brown said. "So if you're already susceptible to seizure disorder, you start smoking K2, you might induce a seizure."
Brown said he does not believe the companies who make the drugs conduct clinical trials to make sure the product is safe before putting it on the market. "They'll give it to a few junkies, make sure they don't get sick, the junkies like it, so they start putting it out on the street. Their clinical trials are very questionable, indeed. I would not trust any of it," Brown said. "That's why pharmaceutical companies spend so much money and millions of dollars trying to put out a drug because they do all these studies, they want to know what the hazards are."

K2incense.org, which advertises K2 online, does not mention drug use on its website and clearly states the product should be used as incense. There is only one mention of legality on the site. "Our NEW products are 100% legal! Including Kansas, Russia & the UK!... EVERYWHERE," the site said. There is a disclaimer at the end of many product descriptions regarding effects of the drug.

"We make no claims in regards to the physiological or psychological effects of the K2 Blends on the human body. Any references to 'K2 effects' are anecdotal and in relation to traditional use of incense, NOT consumption. Consuming ANY K2 product under any shape or form is forbidden by the K2 manufacturer," the website said. 

One blend of K2 on the site is advertised in a package deal at $279.95 for 30 grams.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

How many know there is a legal drug that is a lot like marijuana? Empty Re: How many know there is a legal drug that is a lot like marijuana?

Post by JackRabbit Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:41 pm

"K2" has been in the news here, off and on, for the past few months. There are several towns where it has been deemed illegal for shops to sell it, and many more communities have pending legislation to outlaw it.
JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

How many know there is a legal drug that is a lot like marijuana? Empty Re: How many know there is a legal drug that is a lot like marijuana?

Post by Tater Salad Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:34 pm

I am well aware of it, but have not heard of anyone I personally know trying it. I have heard that its effects are greatly exaggerated.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:57 pm

In this area, one city has banned it because it IS a real problem. Those who say the effects are exaggerated either have a stake in keeping it going or haven't a clue what they're talking about.
Why in the hell would anyone want to make this, unless they thought there would be a profit and people getting hooked on it?
I have heard tons of people saying marijuana should be for medicinal purposes, but this product doesn't even have that value... from what I can tell.
Tater, those that say the effects are exaggerated... try to find out what motivates that theory.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Bree,
I've never heard of it -still haven't.
Do you have a name?
EDIT:
Never mind... 'Fooey finally showed me ALL of your post. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Marijuana has many! medicinal purposes - and the ban is beyond stoopid.
IMO.
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Ja'aj.. the ban is for a fake drug with probably no medicinal purpose at all and is bad for people who are prone to seizures and other health conditions that may not be known.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:29 pm

I believe it was a news report by one of the more respectable outlets saying the effects were exaggerated.
Sounds to me like it would basically be just a waste of money.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:39 pm

It's a waste of money and a drug that shouldn't be available to use and abuse, like so many are.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:10 pm

IMO... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
IF... the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] govenment would mind it's own
busines and QUIT ADVERISING! the bad stuff...
we'd be a LOT! further ahead on this.
I am all ! for protecting the underaged. I think
they have every right to grow to adulthood as healthy
as they can be.
Once the person is "legal" - and is spending their own money -
no matter how damned dumb! it may be -it ceases to be
any business of the government.
They sooo piss me off!
Where they screwed up to begin with is when they accepted,
"But your Honor - if I hadn't been so high on (pick one)
I would never have done that." -as a PLEA.
Isn't that another FELONY? Geez.
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Police Lt. Bill Bongle recently checked on a report of a west-side business selling something he was told was "legal pot." Bongle said the clerk at the business explained K2 and noted that it's a legal substance.That is part of its allure with teenagers and young adults, Poteat said. It's also more affordable because it's a legal substance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ja'aj... to many it's a concern. It's hitting the schools and teens. It's legal, which makes it so much more appealing and I truly worry for teens getting ahold of it.

I guess I see it differently because in many ways... it does have affects on others, not just the users. Like other drugs, it costs money. Money that many will waste on it when they have responsibilities not being met and it does alter the mind... which means thinking ability when driving and operating machinery, etc.. It isn't just one person this affects.. it's families and strangers alike. Most drugs are addictive and known to affect many others than just the one using them.
Many people who use drugs really can't afford the habit or the health issues involved.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Bree,
I understand ... which doesn't answer anything.
There are MANY! ways money can be "wasted"...
and it's none of anyone's business but the person
who's money it is.
What I'm saying is that -since the freakin' stupid!
"war on drugs" - usage of illegal substances has SKYROCKETED.
If they REALLY!! wanted to help -
they'd find out why seperating themselves from their "reality"
is such a giant problem!
They can try and fix that.
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:53 pm

valid points. I just know drugs can be a lot like alcohol and know many families suffer while a parent is living it up with the money needed to pay rent, bills and buy food. The health issues are another part of it. All of this involves families in many ways. I just wonder why anyone would allow one drug and not another and what people hope to gain from it all.

I know some people start out drinking or doing drugs just once in a great while to escape stress, worries, etc... but, too soon find themselves depending on them.
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja'aj Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Alcohol IS a drug.
As to why one drug - and not another... I have NO idea.
It all comes down to control-freaks -and their ability to
disapprove of what they don't do - and see nothing wrong
in what they do.
My theory and my rule is this:
"If I don't have to watch it, participate in it,
pay for it or clean up after it - it is none of my business.

This is no different than the "people" who are trying
sooo hard to ban and/or make smoking cigarettes illegal.

The crap publicity out there is wrong! much of the time.

Regardless of my personal opinion of how anyone may
or may not spend their own money -
it remains none of my business.

It is none of the "government's" either.
Ja'aj
Ja'aj
WITCH!
WITCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down