YAFOOEY!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Memories
by Breezey Breezey Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:37 am

» Bombing Run for January 8th - This is what Panic Looks Like
by Breezey Breezey Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 am

» Music
by Breezey Breezey Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

» I was sure the site was lost!
by Breezey Breezey Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

» Questions Only
by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 pm

» Any plans for the near future/summer months?
by Breezey Breezey Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:35 pm

» More music!
by Tater Salad Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am

» More good music!
by Breezey Breezey Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

» Third Letter - Third Word - Make Three Words (word game)
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

» Stay Off-Topic Thread
by Tater Salad Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:11 am

» Rain, water and related things!
by Breezey Breezey Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

» Sad Song Lyrics
by Breezey Breezey Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

» What is a redneck?
by Breezey Breezey Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

» A simple question...what are you doing now that spring is here?
by Breezey Breezey Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

» Seeing (Each new day)
by Breezey Breezey Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES
Subscribe to NEW YAFOOEY UPDATES by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ASK AND ANSWER

DAILY VARIETY

______________________________________________________________________br"

PUBLIC
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
JOBS AND CAREERS ___________________________________________________________________________
COMPUTER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL COMPUTER QUESTIONS
INTERNET AND SITES

SPORTS
WORD PLAY

HOUSEHOLD HINTS AND TIPS
LAWN AND GARDEN

THEATER

HOBBIES AND CRAFTS
HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
PLACES AND THINGS OF INTEREST

___________________________________________________________________________ AUTHORS AND BOOKS
POETRY
WRITING IN GENERAL

anybody made New Years resolutions ?

+2
P
roxanna
6 posters

Go down

anybody made New Years resolutions ? Empty anybody made New Years resolutions ?

Post by roxanna Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:17 am

mine was not to make any ,very easy to keep !
On N/Y eve a friend and I went out to dinner, hungry smiley came back to my place, chatted, watched the ABC N/Y show ,had a lovely ,easy. sociable time .
N/Y day was spent with another friend ,lunch here, exchanged some garden related things garden and of course chat about this that and the other,very pleasant afternoon.
So ,no resolutions, but my focus this year will be friendships and relationships ,pleasant easy encounters ,no dramas,(hopefully ! ) just good times and fun smile2 !
I don't know what the rest of the world is up to,but my world will be HAPPY !! Yafooey group smiley
roxanna
roxanna
PROBLEM CHILD
PROBLEM CHILD

Back to top Go down

anybody made New Years resolutions ? Empty Re: anybody made New Years resolutions ?

Post by P Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:39 am

Happy people are good for the whole world! No resolutions on my part mainly due to a lack of self discipline (or perhaps too much!).

I do have a permanent target which is to make someone laugh every day, or sometimes a smile is enough. I'm running behind at the moment, mainly due to staying inside. Loads of opportunities next week so I'll be doing some catching up.

sunny
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

anybody made New Years resolutions ? Empty Re: anybody made New Years resolutions ?

Post by Breezey Breezey Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:30 am

I have never done New Year's resolutions. Seems to me when we really want to accomplish something, we should just do it.. not wait for a certain day and hope we are ready to do it.
Most of what I choose to do... I just do when I am ready... mentally, physically and emotionally.
Example... not many here knew I smoked cigarettes. Well... one day... I just quit. I didn't use any of the programs or products offered... I just quit. lol 
It wasn't totally easy, but I was ready. It also wasn't at the beginning of the year.. it was more like Aug. or Sept. of 2013. 

Yafooey group smiley lots of coffee
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Salad Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:38 am

Breezey, I'm so glad you were able to quit! I quit about a year before you did, and quit the same way, cold turkey. I think the hardest thing about it is making your mind up to do it.
Tater Salad
Tater Salad
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:11 am

Hey Tater... if I had known you had quit, it might have been an incentive for me to quit even earlier... or not. lol One never knows! 
I'm glad you were able to quit too. smile2 

I think the hardest part of quitting was not buying more! lol 
Too easy to buy cigarettes almost anywhere!
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:55 am

Perhaps I should give up eating quite so much? That would cure my weight problem!

fire marshmallow
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:00 am

Do NOT get me started! Too late! lol

What exactly... is a weight problem and who really decided what weight all of us should be and HOW did they come about that? See... we are letting other people tell us all what height and weight go together correctly and I just don't believe we were all born the same to be the same. 

Okay... I'm going to go sort more things...
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:40 am

In my case it's more my doctors weight problem. We have a slight difference of opinion. I was ok at 15stone (although I must admit my knees were on the doctors side), he said 11stone and offered me time at the gym on the NHS. I'm very patriotic and wishing to reduce the governments deficit, and the NHS budget (as well as anything so stressful as exercise), declined (sort of, anyway he got the message!). We had a brief discussion about the calibration of his height measuring equipment. He refused to accept my assertion that in actual fact I am 17feet tall, and, although I admit that it was only an estimate, thats my expert opinion (which I consider is every bit as good as his)!  He said a BMI of 29.9 wasn't acceptable despite his previous assertion that it should be below 30, I asked him if it was his technical way of saying that my bum looked big (well, I didn't know what BMI stood for). He didn't HAVE to agree though. I did get down to 12.5st, but that was before Christmas!

He now informs me that his software only works in Kg, what ever that is, which I consider is a blatent attempt to confuse me further. So here I am at 82Kg whatever that is. My knees have ceased to grumble, and my stomach is demanding another trip to the fridge for a refill from the kefir bottle. I'm aiming for 79, perhaps I'll try again when I get back from holiday and it's a bit more of a challenge.

I'm reminded of the story of the Irish tinker who was training his horse to eat less. He just got it to the point where it was eating nothing at all when it died of starvation. I can imagine how it felt!

In the meantime, no more mention of cold turkey, PLEASE!

lollipop
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:59 am

Okay... I can agree that there is a point that too much weight isn't good, but to say all people at certain heights should all weigh about the same and look about the same... I don't agree. 
It's like those skinny people who never gain weight even eating all junk food and tons of it.... shouldn't they need to gain more weight? 
And I just don't believe everyone is born the same to gain or lose weight the same and shouldn't be measured against each other. 

As for YOU... maybe you need to see if you're happy with "you"?  give a hug
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by P Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:06 pm

How do those featherweights do that ????

I'm happy! My doctors happy, I left him rolling on the floor in stitches. It must have been something I said.
P
P
LUNATIC
LUNATIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:11 pm

I only know it's something in the way a person is made... so... we all know we aren't all the same! 

As for your doctor.... uh oh?  laughing ass off
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by lorry p Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:07 am

Imagine if we were all the same... How boring would that be?
I don't make New Year's resolutions... Every day is a good day to start again. Yafooey group smiley
lorry p
lorry p
DEMENTED
DEMENTED

Back to top Go down

Post by JackRabbit Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:40 pm

I don't make New Years resolutions ....
I have enough trouble from one day to the next!
Happy 2015 to everyone! dancing bunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JackRabbit
JackRabbit
TROUBLE
TROUBLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezey Breezey Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 pm

JackRabbit wrote:I don't make New Years resolutions ....
I have enough trouble from one day to the next!
Happy 2015 to everyone! dancing bunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Haha!! Isn't that the truth?!!!
Breezey Breezey
Breezey Breezey
SNOOKUMS
SNOOKUMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down